Google
 

I OBEYED THE COACH!

'Before the match the coach asked me how I was doing and whether I was going to score a goal for him, well I did! Perhaps I should have scored two, but it's OK like this. The team played an excellent match.' - THE WORDS OF THE ROSSONERI -

CLARENCE SEEDORF

"I have to thank the team for playing such a good match, I missed a few goalscoring chances at the beginning and I got angry at myself. On the second chance I had, they did well to defend it and on the third occasion I touched the ball with my chin and lost my coordination. Unfortunately at the end the goal did come!
Before the match, the coach asked me how I was doing and whether I was going to score a goal for him, and indeed I did! Perhaps I should have scored two, but it's OK like this.
This new ball is a little difficult to control, but when you hit it well it's even more difficult for the keeper to grab it."


ALBERTO GILARDINO

"Unfortunately I did not convert two chances I had. On the first one, I was too close to the goal when Oddo played the ball in, and it was grabbed by the keeper, then later Ambrosini sent in a good cross, but I was not well balanced. I'm still happy because it was not an easy game like some people expected. Urawa have some quality players, very well prepared tactically. In the first half we did not manage to score, then fortunately came Clarence's goal which allowed us to break the deadlock. In any case they showed tactical strength, they knew us and that's why they marked Clarence and Ricky very well. It's great to have reached this final without having wasted too much energy, and that will certainly help us on Sunday against Boca Juniors."

FILIPPO INZAGHI

"Even though I did not manage to score, this evening I'm very happy because the most important thing was getting into the final which allows us to bring home this Cup.
On the move of the goal I managed to go to the near post, bringing along a few defenders to free up Clarence who had no problems scoring. The match wasn't easy and we knew it, it became a bit difficult in the first half, but in the second half we did well to maintain our concentration.
I was happy to see this great affection shown towards me, it would be nice to lift this cup in front of the Japanese crowd which always shows me a lot of respect."

PAOLO MALDINI

"Just before the match Clarence told me it was a match we needed to win at all costs, and after he scored he ran straight to me, but at the time I was warming up on the sidelines with my back to the goal.
Seedorf did brilliantly today, he was the most dangerous man on the pitch.
I'm happy for him, and I'm happy we will be playing this Cup final against Boca Juniors. We had the chance to prepare well for these two games, it doesn't happen a lot that a team gets so much time to prepare for a mini-tournament like this, and it certainly helped us.
I think that on Sunday Boca will try to slow the game down with their ball possession, we'll have to avoid falling into this trap. I think the start of the game will be crucial."

KAKHA KALADZE

"It will be Milan-Boca, I really expect a lot from this match. Against Urawa it was tough, but I wasn't surprised. We created a lot of chances, but we couldn't find a goal for a long time.
Boca Juniors are a good side, they have technically skilled players but I'm convinced that if we play like Milan can we will win."

MASSIMO ODDO

'I'm very happy. Today we obtained another important result, I hoped to play and eventually win the Champions League when I came here, now I've done that and also won the European Supercup, and now we have this World Cup final. It's the best for me, the team, for this group.
Today we did really well, it wasn't easy, it was as if we were playing an away game, considering we were playing against a Japanese team. We were very concentrated throughout the game, and in the end we got the result we wanted. In the first half we had some difficulties, in the second half we were consistent and we were more dangerous with our strikers and midfielders.'

RICKY KAKA'

'Today, as always, I tried to give my best for the team, even though my foot hurt. It wasn't easy today, on the contrary, but we did well, very well. In the first half I played in a more withdrawn role, while in the second half I acted more as a second striker.
I'm truly very happy: this year everything was different compared to 2003. I came here as a Golden Ball winner, we met many fans, there was a party atmosphere at the stadium, as always happens when there's a European team coming to play in Europe. Until now it's been a very positive experience. Now we have to confirm ourselves on Sunday, we want this trophy. Next Monday there's also the verdict on the Fifa World Player, but before that we have the Final on Sunday. It's a special match, a true World final.'

MASSIMO AMBROSINI

'It's incredible that we will face Boca and that to get there we had to beat Liverpool. It's a nice coincidence, perhaps unique. It's certainly a chance we shouldn't miss. We are lucky, because we have the opportunity of playing for such an important trophy, against the team that took it away from us four years ago, just like we did in the Champions League final last May.
Today's match wasn't easy, it was a difficult match for many reasons, we did well. We kept the game under control, playing well in certain parts of the match and not so well in others, but it's good like this.
Boca? We saw them play the other day, they seemed like a talented team and therefore they are unpredictable. They also have some problems beating the Tunisian team. We'll certainly need to be concentrated.'

No comments: