Google
 

THE PASSION OF THE CHAMPION

Second appointment with ‘Segni Particolari’ on Milan Channel. Today’s guest was Massimo Oddo who responded to the questions of the subscribers by talking about himself.

MILANELLO – These are the words of Massimo Oddo during the ‘Segni Particolari' program, which was live at 1pm on Milan Channel.

You started the season well this year. When you arrived at Milan last year you jumped onto a running train.
"I think so. Time is money and when you have the time to understand better the environment and your team-mates it’s all simpler. I don't deny that when I arrived I found difficulties because even if you arrive to a big team, where there are great champions like Gattuso and Nesta, a player must still acclimate himself and be part of the mechanism. The squad has already its own characteristics of game and the team mates are different. However, it still went well and I hope to have given my contribution in the best way and that I can offer more help.”

Your rapport with Gattuso?
“Our rapport is beautiful. I respect him as a person because he has a character which I like. If Rino has to tell you something, he tells it to you without any problem, even I’m like that, and this side of the character of Rino is a quality in my opinion. I think that when your team-mate tells you something it’s only to help you improve.”


“Having inside the squad a group of Italian persons is important and fundamental. This I believe in every national team, because they don’t support the teams with many international players, but I believe in a unique and consolidated nucleus of many champions like there are at Milan.”

What is your dream?
“The dream of every player is that of winning a Champions League or a World Cup. I won both in less than a year. These are episodes which improve the morale because I think that in the measure in which a player must always believe in himself to be able to go on pitch and do his best. Before the European Super Cup final, I looked at the World Cup medal and that Champions League one and I told myself that I still had one missing. Certain wins do not feel your stomach, on the contrary they empty it and they push you to do even better.”

What do you think about Ancelotti?
"I think that the coach is doing his job in the best possible way. It’s fair that the coach compliments you when you do well, but it’s also fair that he tells you when you do wrong so that you can improve."

Your favourite music and your hobby?
“My hobby is tennis which I practice only in summer, whereas with regards to music I’m not a big fan, but I still listen to hip-hop."

What do you see in your future?
“The future is always difficult to foresee. This is my job, it’s my passion and I will try to play till my physique allows me to. For the time being my physique is holding on, I’m young and I still have a four year contract with Milan, then we shall see. I would like to study to become a team manager so I can propose new ideas, new ways of thinking in this world which I consider as old. There’s the need for young and new ideas.”

No comments: