Google
 

KAKA' KING OF THE FOOTBALLERS

10/5/2007

The FIFPro have been awarded to the top 11 of the 2006/07 season. Kaka was elected as the best world player. Also Nesta is part of the idea eleven of Fifa for the 2007. – THE CONFERENCE –

MILANELLO – Today, at the sports centre of Milanello, the winners of the eleventh edition of the FIFPro World XI Players Awards have been named. The awards were handed out thanks to the votes gathered by the world’s footballers’ syndicate. Almost 45,000 votes have been gathered from 42 syndicates. Amongst the 55 nominates for the ideal formation of 2006/07 there were nine Rossoneri: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Dida, Kaka, Seedorf and Ronaldo.

The international Federation of the professional footballers has named as best player of 2007 Kaka, who follows the holder of the past two years, Ronaldinho.
These are the top 11 elected for the 2006/07 season, amongst which two Rossoneri players:
Buffon; Terry, Cannavaro, Nesta, Puyol; Cristiano Ronaldo, Kakà, Gerrard; Messi, Drogba, Ronaldinho.
Hereunder is the press conference of the two Rossoneri players following the award:
Kakà:
"I won a lot with the Milan shirt and these individual awards are very beautiful recognitions. Each one of them as a special significance for me. In the first year I won the Scudetto, was elected best player in the Italian league and then the Champions League arrived in Athens and they named me best player of the competition: each moment was really special.

Even Dida could have been part of the top 11?
“He’s a great goalkeeper, we see him every day. He trains well and could have won. However it was awarded to Buffon, who is a great player. He won the World Cup and is doing really well with Juventus.

“Surely at Glasgow Dida did not do well; it was a difficult moment for him. He had just suffered a goal, then there was the slap from that fan. Nelson made his choice and we are close to him even though what he did was wrong. The entire team is close to him. In the past he gave a lot of satisfactions and it’s fair that we help him.

“The World Club Cup is an important target. However, I think what I can do, when I go on the pitch I do it only to do well. Then the individual awards are assigned by journalists and football. I still do my job, as I think the World Club Cup is an important thing and I will do everything I can to try and win this final.

“It’s a great satisfaction to receive this award from my team mates, those who are with me on the pitch, know my difficulties and see me every day. I would like to receive the Golden Ball because it is an award given by the journalists.”

Nesta:
“From the world cup till today, I went through a difficult period. I broke my shoulder and mentally it was not easy. The club was close to me and allowed me to go to Miami for three months were I could cure myself and even from the mental point of view I managed to return as new. I think that for a footballer the mind matters 90% for the performances. On my return another chapter of my life started.”

Your individual value is enhanced by the club on the international level?
“Obviously if you win the Champions League there are more possibilities of being seen, but also to win the Golden Ball you must be a protagonist of a winning team, otherwise you cannot win it.

“I’m really pleased to receive this award by my colleagues, because the respect of my team mates is really important.”

After the final in Berlin, in which you did not take part, did you wish to become a protagonist at Tokyo?
“It’s a trophy which I’m missing, with Milan and the national team I won a lot. It’s anyway one of the objective of the many players who want to play in that final.”

No comments: