Google
 

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

10/11/2007

The captain is fine: in Bilbao he will play at least one half and then he will come back to give his contribution to the team. Also in the league, where the situation is difficult but not impossible: THE WORDS OF MALDINI

Milan captain Paolo Maldini spoke to Milan Channel after today's training. Here are all his declarations:

'The friendly against Athletic Bilbao will give me the chance to play maybe one half, at most an hour, after four months, so it's an important test, because playing a match gives a more indication of where you're at.
It will be a match against a team who will give us problems, in a stadium full of enthusiasm, so it's a match that will present some difficulties, also because we are not with many. But it will be a test for those who have played less, who haven't been playing for a while, like me, Serginho, and Pato, who has merged himself well within the group and now needs to play real matches.'

Maldini talked about his conditions: "I haven't made any controls, in reality I should have had one done by professor Martens, but considering I train everyday I've only spoken to him on the phone; he trusts my feelings very much, so he didn't feel there was a need to meet with him. I've been working hard, first with an individual preparation: I did my whole preparation on my own and in the last week I worked almost always with the team. It has to be said that playing an actual game requires a different effort and that can't be simulated during a training session.

He then commented on the victory in Rome: "The match at the Olimpico was crucial, because the standings clearly said that we needed to get points, and from that point of view the match against Lazio was very important. I'd say we have made some mistakes so far but we should have had the three points at Palermo and then the standings would have looked better for us. Now it's tougher but certainly not impossible.'

On Dida: "I think he made a mistake and he realises that, but our trust in him does not change. He remains a great goalkeeper, he's our first choice and will remain so until the end of his contract.'

No comments: