Google
 

LET'S GO BACK TO THE TOP

"When I arrived at Milan I became part of a project, a life philosophy. I decided to start a new adventure and up until this day I haven't regretted that choice." - THE WORDS OF CLARENCE SEEDORF -

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made by Clarence Seedorf in today's press conference at the Milanello sporting center.

Last year you scored ten goals for Milan, this year already two. Is this because you have a role that's closer to a striker, or an attacking midfielder?
"One of my objectives was to increase my amount of goals which usually were 5 or 6 a season. The position I play in allowed me express my qualities more and to score. Already last season I advanced to 10 goals scored, and also this season, against Parma the goal came because I found myself in the box."

"When I arrived at Milan I became part of a project, a life philosophy. I decided to start a new adventure and up until this day I haven't regretted that choice. These are important decisions which have to be carefully pondered and considered for the long term."

What do you think Gourcuff needs to do to break through in the Milan team?
"I like Yoann as a footballer and also as a person. Last year I've helped him a lot, this year I detached myself more because I believe every player has to mature on his own. But patience is needed, also from his part, because he is a valid player for Milan and can do many good things for us. We have accepted Gourcuff as one of us, now it's up to him to demonstrate his growth."

What do you think about how Collina is doing as a referee designator?
"I don't see him at work but as a person I have a lot of respect for Collina, he's intelligent. Then errors are human and everyone can make them. Milan always come out of these situations stronger because when we analyze the episodes, there some mistakes from our side too. Generally, however, when a player makes bad mistakes once, twice, or three times, he generally goes on the bench or on the stands, so the same should hold for referees. We are playing at high levels and I think the referees should be at the level of these Serie A games.

Are you more angry at the result against Palermo or is there satisfaction at having played the best match of the league on Wednesday?
"Both. Satisfaction isn't really the right word, but we know we did well. We have a lot of anger inside and that will be useful in Sunday's match because it's time to use our good football to bring home a positive result.
More than anger, we now have a gritty determination. Milan are an elegant club, we are capable of accepting our defeats and never comes back on its mistakes. We bounce back and go on to do well."


"Regarding Gilardino, he's not having any problems, we always expect goals from him. He's still a complete player, perhaps he won't score 25 goals, but fifteen goals and ten assists for his team mates which means more goals for us. In the first half against Palermo he did well, he does not go on the pitch just to score, he's worth just as much as any other player who scores a lot of goals, and for the Italian national team he's an important player. Instead of criticising a player's weaknesses, we should see the qualities."

What do you think of Pato?
"Pato is ready to play in the first team, if he'll show he's better than his competition he will play, otherwise not. In this team there have been few changes because it's been doing well, the coach isn't blind and will give space to those who deserve it. Also Bonera played three months at very high levels, playing from the start and doing it well, and so will Gourcuff. With time everyone builds up their own value within the team. The players who are ready and show they are at the level of a first team player eventually get in. The same goes for the current first team players, as long as they keep doing well, they'll keep playing."

What result are hoping for in Roma-Inter?
"I don't know, because the one I hoped for in Fiorentina-Roma came true, but it's pointless if we don't bring home the points. What Milan need to do now is to get back at the top of the table as soon as possible.
At Milan there are a lot of important players who are also candidates for the Ballon D'Or. This is an honor for me because I'm part of a group that produces great individual players. If one day it happens to me too, I will thank my team mates who have helped me to reach the objective."

"Of this Milan I would not change anything because in Palermo, aside from the result, we did everything very well. Only in two episodes we could have done better, but usually those mistakes don't get punished as badly as is happening to us. I see an improving Milan and that gives me hope."

No comments: